Inspire4Better.com is a blog I started after realizing that I was looking at the world, my life, the people in it, my job, my responsibilities, and (mostly) myself – in the wrong way. I began soul searching, writing again, reading, seeking therapy, acupuncture, meditation, yoga, long walks (and anything I could think of really) to begin to reinvent myself. Quickly I found a few things that always seemed to be a staple and a theme, whether from a therapist, or one of the 5 books I was reading – and that was, “if you change your thoughts, your life will follow.” The mind is a POWERFUL things, and often times we get stuck in our own heads, we over analyze, judge, criticize, beat up, punish, and end up torturing ourselves with our thoughts. There are two ways to look at every situation, and the sooner you begin to look at things as a positive, the sooner you will be happy.
The core principles I’ve learned in this short time are this
- The only person you are in control of, is yourself – so don’t worry about what other people are doing, and don’t feel like you can’t do things on your own.
- Stop thinking about the past, and don’t worry about the future – one is already gone (and it helped shape who you are) and the other doesn’t exist yet
- All that matters is RIGHT NOW! Whatever you’re doing, be present, be content, be happy with whatever you’re doing, or whoever you’re with. It’s much more enjoyable that way.
- Change your thoughts! We are fortunate to be here for the short time we have, on this tiny little planet, in this GIGANTIC universe. Enjoy the time you have, and be a good person.
- Stop being hard on yourself, blaming yourself, feeling bad for yourself. You are ENOUGH. You are BEAUTIFUL. You are going to be OKAY, always.
The things that have helped me the most in this reincarnation has been: (In no particular order – they all are equally important)
- Reading – books (I’ll recommend later) positive affirmations (i post everyday) quotes
- Writing/blogging – thoughts, articles, poems, quotes (it’s therapeutic)
- Walking – being outside in nature has always helped me tremendously
- Eating Healthy
- Being with friends and family
I hope this site will help inspire, rehabilitate, motivate, pick up, push, and help people with whatever it is they may be going thru. Strength is in numbers, so please add, comment, post, and share.